Saturday 25 August 2012

The real work is about to start!

25th August 2012

Well, it's been a while since I last updated my blog! The week in Dubai was great, unfortunately though, I walked into the pool with my phone in my shorts still, so I was out of contact for a few days! Luckily it dried out and is now working perfectly again, so no harm done!

We didn't actually do too much in Dubai, our general schedule consisted of
9am - Buffet Breakfast
11am - Pool
1pm - I'd generally try to skype Chloe
7pm - We would go out for dinner!

One night we went to a place in the Dubai mall and had goat and hummus, which was actually really nice! We were sitting next to this amazing dancing fountain too, to shoot the most powerful jets of water it used pressurised air and so it made huge bangs.

At the moment I am back in Kabul, about to head to a power pole production facility before we go to Bamyan to actually get started! Apparently I have a structural engineering problem to do when I get there! Looking forward to actually doing some work, even if we are only going to be there for a few weeks.

Anyway, I have to go, I'll edit this post later with captions on the pictures

Skittles, about 1/4 of the NZ price here


A list of the shops in the Dubai mall

The breakfast buffet



Our $40 per person yum cha

Gigantic tv!
Relaxing in the pool

The dancing fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment