Sunday 19 August 2012

Back to Dubai, and lots of pictures!

19th August 2012

Me and Tony have flown back to Dubai, to pick up his girlfriend Karen. I was a little bit nervous in the Kabul airport because we had heard that there was an attack on it planned for later that day, Tony said there was nothing to worry about though - lucky for me it didn't happen! So we got on the plane just fine. We were served our breakfast about a half hour in to the 2 hour flight, and that meal made me realise why everyone complains about airplane food. There was what I think was a rehydrated omelette with a rubbery white meat which I think was chicken inside it, some bread in the shape of a croissant and carrot jam to go with it!

We decided to stay at the Media One hotel this time, which is more central in the city, and 4 stars. To get back to Afghanistan, we have to renew our visas, but it is their equivalent of Christmas at the moment, 'Eid'. This will last for 3-5 days, but the Afghanistan government is more likely to have 5 days off rather than 3. That is unfortunate for Tony, because the weekend in Afghanistan is on Thursday and Friday! That means that we will have to wait until Saturday to get our visas, and fly back to Kabul on Sunday, and to Bamyan on Monday. I don't really mind though, because Dubai is really amazing!
If the government only has a 3 day Eid holiday then that means the Embassy will be open on Wednesday, so we can fly to Kabul on Thursday.

The media one hotel is really nice, I have in-room WiFi, a TV, a desk that swings in to give you more room and an en suite. I'm on the 13th floor and have a nice view of the city and sea! On the 8th floor there is a gym, restaurant and an outdoor pool! I've been in the pool a couple already, because it feels so good.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

Kabul from the air

This was probably the worst airplane food I've had

Carrot Jam

Lobby of the Media One Hotel

View from my bedroom

View from my bedroom

My Bedroom

Attached bathroom

Welcome message on my tv

The room comes with an iPod docking station

Millac Maid "Tastes like fresh milk"!

Patterned windows in the 8th floor restaurant frame the scenery

Tony in the restaurant

Restaurant

My buffet breakfast

The pool is a welcome relief from the heat!

The pool is also 8 floors up!

No comments:

Post a Comment