Monday 6 August 2012

The beginning

Well, I just set this up in my transfer stop at Sydney while flying from Auckland to Dubai, I only have a few minutes left, so this will most likely be brief, unless I get carried away.

I'm Cameron Probert, and have been offered the unique opportunity to go and work in Afghanistan with my Uncle, Tony Woods, who has just won an NZ$18.6M contract to set up a huge grid of solar panels in an area of Afghanistan called Bamiyan, and build all the power lines with it, to 2490 homes.
At the moment I must admit I am a bit nervous, having almost never been out of New Zealand before - on holiday, let alone working! - and now I am about to plunge into one of the more relatively dangerous countries in the world for a 6 week adventure!

I'm getting to spend a few days in Dubai, on the way to Kabul, the capital city of Afghanistan, on the way there and back...

And my flight has been called! I shall upload this now and try to remember to keep updating it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Soo excited for you Cam!! Please keep posting. Missing you already xoxoox

    ReplyDelete