Thursday 9 August 2012

And finally, off to Afghanistan!


9th August 2012

I’m about to be on my way to Kabul! Boarding the plane in 10 minutes so I’ll write until then! Haven’t done too much so far today, finished my book while sitting around in the hotel which was probably a really bad idea, because now I don’t have anything to read…

So this terminal is very different from the other terminal I was in when I arrived, I think it is a more local area terminal. Still very, very large though. The lady at the check-in desk was very surprised I was going to Afghanistan, but I’m not the youngest person she has seen flying to Kabul – she has had an 8 year old before! Once we got past the security checks and into the international lounge we saw probably the coolest car I have ever seen with my own two eyes. A “Volcanic Orange” coloured McLaren road car. It is the prize for a raffle, 2000 tickets total at 500 Dihram each. So to buy all the tickets would cost 1m Dihram which is NZ$300,000… I’m fairly sure that would be cheaper than the car!

I have more pictures of this, but this one is the only one that uploaded, I'll try and get more up later!


Well I must go, I have a plane to catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment